Last updated on April 5th, 2021 at 06:32 pm
Who loves marshmallows? Here’s a fun and easy way to turn regular marshmallows into a beautiful gourmet treat. You can make your own gourmet marshmallow pops for any holiday or occasion.
Using pastel candy melts, we made these marshmallow pops for Easter, but you can create these colorful pops for Valentine’s Day, the Fourth of July, Halloween, Christmas, or birthdays. You can even make them for game-day using your favorite team’s colors. Get as creative as you’d like, and have the kids help too.
Gourmet Marshmallow Pops
- 24 regular-size marshmallows
- White candy melts or vanilla flavored almond bark
- Yellow candy melts
- Green candy melts
- Pink candy melts
- Blue candy melts
- Purple candy melts
- Easter sprinkles
You will also need:
- Piping bags
- Bamboo skewers or treat sticks
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
Press four to five marshmallows onto a skewer or treat stick with a twisting motion. Lay on waxed paper.
Melt white candy according to package directions, making sure not to overheat. If the candy gets too hot, it will seize. If desired, add one teaspoon vegetable shortening or coconut oil to make the melted candy pourable.
Pour melted candy over the marshmallows allowing the excess to drop back into the bowl. For best results, scrape the candy from the bottom (the side you place on the waxed paper.) Allow to dry completely.
- In separate bowls, melt the candy according to package directions making sure not to overheat. If the candy gets too hot, it will seize. If desired, add one teaspoon vegetable shortening or coconut oil to make the melted candy pourable.
Transfer melted candy to piping bags, keeping the colors separated. One at a time, snip the corner from the piping bags, and drizzle colored candy melts over the marshmallows. While the candy is still wet, add sprinkles as desired.
- Allow the marshmallows to rest on waxed paper until set before packaging or serving. Before removing the marshmallow pops from the waxed paper, cut along the sides with a knife.
- Best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Also read —Easy Easter Cupcake Decorating Idea for Kids
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.