Last updated on January 1st, 2022 at 11:17 pm
We are big fans of Eric Carle. We love The Very Hungry Caterpillar; Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do You See?; Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?; and really anything he’s written. One of Eric Carle’s classic books is Have You Seen My Cat? In this book, a little boy worries about his missing cat and travels to different places in search of his pet. It’s a great book for early readers.
Today, we have a Have You Seen My Cat? book craft to share. You’ll only need some basic craft supplies and white paper plates to create this cat in Eric Carle’s well-known style. Have fun!
Have You Seen My Cat? Book Craft
1. Cut your paper plate into the shape of a cat face as you see in the photo–kind of a rounded off triangle.
2. Cut out two triangle ears, two oval eyes, a rounded triangle chin, and a tiny triangle nose from your extra plates.
3. Squirt a little of each paint color onto a clean paper plate to use as a palette.
4. Paint one ear orange, and lightly brush one blue.
5. Use the gray paint to paint the top of the cat’s head and the bridge of the nose.
6. Paint the right side of the cat’s face orange, and lightly brush the other side blue.
7. Paint the small cut out pieces: eyes green, nose orange, and leave the chin white.
8. Glue the eyes, nose, and chin onto the cat’s face, and glue the ears to the top.
9. Draw a mouth under the nose with a black marker.
10. Cut and glue six three-inch pipe cleaners to the cat’s face, three on each side of the mouth–and you’re done!
How cute is this little cat–just like the book!
You’ll also like these posts —
Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who! Inspired Paper Craft
Frozen-Inspired Elsa Princess Wands — Paper Craft for Kids
Easy Flower & Insect Puppets (Free Templates to Use With Popsicle Sticks)
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.