Last updated on April 15th, 2023 at 03:50 pm
Here’s the perfect project for all Eric Carle fans. Check out this Have You Seen My Cat? book craft!
One of Eric Carle’s classic books is Have You Seen My Cat? In this book, a little boy worries about his missing cat and travels to different places in search of his pet. It’s a great book for early readers.
Today, we have a Have You Seen My Cat? book craft to share. You’ll only need some basic craft supplies and white paper plates to create this cat in Eric Carle’s well-known style. Have fun!
Have You Seen My Cat? Book Craft
1. First, cut your paper plate into the shape of a cat face as you see in the photo–kind of a rounded off triangle.
2. Next, cut out two triangle ears, two oval eyes, a rounded triangle chin, and a tiny triangle nose from your extra plates.
3. Squirt a little bit of each paint color onto a clean paper plate to use as a palette.
4. Paint one ear orange, and lightly brush one blue.
5. Use the gray paint to paint the top of the cat’s head and the bridge of the nose.
6. Paint the right side of the cat’s face orange, and lightly brush the other side blue.
7. Paint the small cut out pieces: eyes are green, nose should be orange, and leave the chin white.
8. Glue the eyes, nose, and chin onto the cat’s face, and then glue the ears to the top.
9. Draw a mouth under the nose with a black marker.
10. Cut and glue six three-inch pipe cleaners to the cat’s face, three on each side of the mouth–and you’re done! Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
How cute is this little cat–it’s just like the book!
You might also like these kids’ craft ideas —
Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who! Inspired Paper Craft
Frozen-Inspired Elsa Princess Wands — Paper Craft for Kids
Easy Flower & Insect Puppets (Free Templates to Use With Popsicle Sticks)
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s newsletter.