Last updated on November 10th, 2022 at 02:20 pm
Do you love warm, cinnamon and sugary churros? I have a simple way you can make them, so you can enjoy fresh, hot churros anytime. Your family will love these homemade cheater churros, and they’ll be asking you to make them again and again!
We call them “cheater churros” because they’re just way too easy to make. We’re using refrigerated biscuit dough to make this recipe extra quick and easy. It feels like cheating!
What is a churro?
In case you haven’t had the pleasure of trying this yummy treat yet, let me introduce you to what might be one of your new favorites. A churro is a fried-dough pastry that’s covered in sugar and cinnamon. They are extra tasty dipped in chocolate or enjoyed with a cup of hot cocoa.
This dessert is traditionally found in Spain and Portugal, but is popular in the United States too.
Don’t they look delicious? Just pick up some refrigerated biscuit dough the next time you’re at the store, and you probably have everything else you need to make these in your pantry.
Can you make these cheater churros to enjoy later?
Churros are always best when they’re still warm. But, if they don’t all get eaten just as soon as they’re done, you can microwave them for a few seconds to warm them slightly. Keep in mind that they’ll lose some of they’re crispness when microwaved.
How to store leftovers
Leftovers are unlikely, but if necessary, store your churros in a Ziploc bag or other airtight container for a day or two. I don’t think this will be necessary though.
- 1 package refrigerated biscuit dough
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3-4 cups vegetable or peanut oil for frying
- Place the oil in a large pot big enough to fry the churros in. Place over medium heat as you prepare the biscuits.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice the biscuit dough into four or five strips.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together, and set aside.
- Fry each biscuit strip for about 30 seconds, flip, and then cook until golden brown.
- Immediately roll the fried biscuits in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.
- Repeat with all biscuit strips until done.
- Serve warm.
Lemon Canned Biscuit Danish (Air Fryer Recipe)
Toaster Strudel Air Fryer Recipe