Last updated on October 15th, 2022 at 12:31 pm
We love homemade playdough. The texture is actually softer and easier for little hands to work with than store-bought playdough, and it’s easier to clean up too. Working with playdough can get your child’s creativity flowing, and it’s a great way for little ones to strengthen the finger muscles needed for a good pencil grasp.
This red apple playdough recipe is a favorite because the finished playdough is such a treat for the senses. It has a beautiful red apple color, and it smells like fresh apples too!
Red Apple Playdough
Apple Playdough Ingredients:
Articles may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases (at no cost to you).
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, salt and cream of tartar to blend. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, add the water, oil, apple flavoring, and red colorant. Stir to mix well.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until a stiff ball of dough forms (about two minutes). Remove from heat.
4. Lay your ball of playdough out on a level surface, and knead for about five minutes or until the dough is soft and pliable. Enjoy the sweet, crisp aroma of apple!
5. This apple-scented playdough will give your kids hours of creative play as they shape the playdough into apples, apple pie, etc.
6. Store in a Ziploc bag or in an airtight container. (Should store well for at least three months.)
You’ll also like these posts —
Easy DIY Taste-Safe Paint / Finger Paint
Frozen-Inspired Elsa Princess Wands — Paper Craft for Kids
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.