I’m sure you know dark chocolate is good for you. That’s great news for those of us who love it. There are other delicious superfoods too–like pistachios and almonds, and we’ve combined them into one mouth-watering recipe.
These dark chocolate superfood bites are so rich and tasty, but if you make them with dark chocolate (not milk chocolate) and good-for-you add-ins, you don’t have to feel guilty about indulging once in a while.
Here’s the easy recipe for Dark Chocolate Superfood Bites —
Yields: 15-20 bites depending on size
Total Time: 10 minutes
1. 8 oz. of dark chocolate
2. a variety of nuts and dried fruits (pistachios, almonds, dried apricots, cranberries, and raisins are shown here)
1. Chop any nuts that are on the larger side. You want to be able to taste the variety of fruits and
nuts and not have any one in particular dominating the flavor.
2. Lay a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface.
3. Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces, and place in a bowl. Microwave the chocolate for 60
seconds, stir, and then microwave again for another 30 seconds. Continue for 30 seconds
(stirring each time) until the chocolate is fully melted.
4. Using a spoon, make small rounds of chocolate on the parchment paper to your desired size.
Simply allow the chocolate to drip from the spoon, and it will naturally take a circular shape. Size
of medallions in photos are approximately 2 ½ inches. 5. Add the nuts and dried fruits to each chocolate “bite” while it is still warm. (See photo.)
6. Allow the chocolate to cool by leaving it setting out at room temperature.
*Can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator.