Last updated on February 1st, 2023 at 11:08 pm
In search of the best-smelling potpourri to make your home smell fresh and inviting? Look no further than this copycat Williams-Sonoma lemon rosemary potpourri!
One reason people love shopping at Williams-Sonoma is because the store always smells so good! And, the reason it smells so wonderful is potpourri.
Skip the sprays, plug-ins, and artificial scents if you want your home to smell truly fresh. Instead, try this inexpensive and natural way to freshen the air in your home.
There are all kinds of stovetop potpourri recipes, but this lemon rosemary potpourri just might be our favorite. As the ingredients slowly warm, they’ll release a delightful fresh lemon fragrance that reminds me of a steaming cup of lemony tea.
You only need a few simple ingredients: sliced lemons, rosemary sprigs, vanilla extract, and water. We have a couple of variations on this recipe too, if you want to experiement.
This is the perfect way to make your home smell fresh anytime. It just might give your mood a boost too.
We think this lemon rosemary potpourri should be enjoyed often, but it’s an especially nice when you’re welcoming guests.
Tips for Making Any Stovetop Potpourri
- Check the water level, and adjust the heat as needed. Stovetop potpourri is meant to just stay warm, not boil.
- Add more water as you need to. You don’t want the water level to get too low, and burn your pot.
- Keep the heat low. This is a scent you can enjoy for hours.
- Adjust the ingredients to your liking. Do you want a stronger scent, or more lemon or rosemary? Experiment!
- Use a slow cooker or mini slow cooker.
- Contents can be cooled down, and then stored in a container to be reused one more time within a few days.
Lemon Rosemary Potpourri Recipe Variations
- Add a couple of cinnamon sticks to your simmering pot.
- Add ¼ to ½ teaspoon black peppercorns to the recipe.
Leave a comment, and let me know how your scent turned out!
Lemon Rosemary Potpourri
- 1-2 Lemons sliced thin
- Handful of Rosemary Sprigs
- 3-4 Cups Water
- 2 Tbs Vanilla Extract
Pour 3 cups of water into a large pot.
Slice the lemon(s), and combine all ingredients into the pot.
Bring the pot to a boil, then turn down the heat to a simmer, and let the amazing aroma waft through your house.
Contents can be cooled down and stored in a container to be re-used one more time within a few days.
4 Easy Ways to Craft Your Favorite Holiday Scents at Home
Green Cleaning: Non-Toxic, Natural Ways to Clean Your Home
Leave a Reply