Last updated on February 11th, 2022 at 09:33 pm
Disclosure: I received tickets to Wet’N Wild Emerald Pointe in exchange for my honest review. As always, all opinions are my own. See full disclosure policy here.
I love summer, and for our family, summer’s not complete without at least one trip to Wet ‘n Wild Emerald Pointe! It’s the place to enjoy a sunny day or cool off when you need a break from the heat. This year, they’re celebrating their 35th anniversary season with loads of live entertainment, new food and beverage offerings, and the new Thunder Bay Bar, so there’s no better time to go–especially with the incredible discount I have for you!Wet’n Wild is open for the season, and our family was thrilled to hit the park for a day of fun! In past years, we’ve had a group of adults and teens, but for the second year, on this visit, we had little ones with us, including a preschooler. That means it’s not all about the “big rides.” We spent lots of time letting a four-year-old tell us where she wanted to go–and there was plenty for her to do!
Wet’n Wild Emerald Pointe has always been our favorite water park, but until we started coming to the park with younger children, we had no idea how much there was to do for the little ones and kids who aren’t quite ready for the “big” slides and rides.
You definitely won’t run out of things to do if you’re bringing your toddler to elementary school-aged child to Wet’n Wild. From Leisure Lagoon to Splash Island and Happy Harbor to all the kid-size water slides, the little ones were having a blast. In fact, the adults were having a hard time keeping up with them!
And, a few things to know:
- Wet’n Wild always has plenty of life guards on hand, even in the shallowest water
- there are lots of places for moms and dads to sit and watch the kids (many of them shaded)
- there are life jackets everywhere, including sizes to fit young children (these are free to use with the price of admission)
If you’re visiting the park with older kids or teens, I like the fact that the park announces the time every hour. It makes it easy to meet up at a designated spot at a specified time. And, again this year, we enjoyed a private cabana because they act as the perfect meeting spot and a safe place to keep all of our belongings.
If you’ve never rented a cabana at Wet’n Wild, I highly recommend it, especially when the park is busy. Here’s why:
- Cabanas come with a storage locker. This solves the problem of someone (usually mom) having to stay behind to watch everyone’s belongings while the rest of the group goes off to have fun.
- Cabanas also come with wait service. You can relax and have your food and drinks come to you. We ordered lunch again this year, and by the way, the food at Wet’n Wild is delicious. They bring it to you in insulated containers so it stays hot.
- Your own private cabana means you’re assured of having your own lounge chairs (and table and chairs) all day even if the park gets busy. Plus, we had our own private space to hang out. Our cabana became our “home base,” and we knew no one else could take over our chairs while we were out in other parts of the water park.
- A private cabana is ideal for birthday parties or just to get together with friends!
If you haven’t been to Wet’n Wild, you’ll love that they have something for everyone! For the adults and the big kids — Raging Rapids and The Edge, plus relaxing environments like the Lazee River.
Some of my teenager’s favorites–
Riptide Racer: Unleash your adrenaline with some head to head competition! Riptide Racer pits up to four riders in a side by side, plunging race to a twisting, screaming finale.
Dr. Von Dark: You’ll experience a breathtaking 40-ft. drop. Soar to dizzying heights on back-to-back vertical banks. Complete a pair of hi-speed 360° spins. And do it all against a backdrop of total darkness and visual effects!
Thunder Bay: Wet’n Wild Emerald Pointe’s Centerpiece attraction, a gigantic two million gallon wave pool creates 84-foot wide tsunami waves to ride on, splash in, or just watch from the sand free beaches.
GET YOUR WET’N WILD DISCOUNT & SAVE UP TO $15 ON ADMISSION!
Two of my very favorite things are summer and saving money, so I don’t want anyone to miss this deal.
SAVE up to $15 (in May, June, and September) when you get your discounted Wet’n Wild admission tickets here! You’ll pay just $30.99 per ticket when you use promo code: BLOGGER19 and purchase your ticket online via this link.
SAVE up to $12 (in July and August) when you get your discounted Wet’n Wild admission tickets here! Use promo code: BLOGGER19 and purchase your ticket online via this link. (Note: This code is good for the 2019 season.)
Have a great time!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.
Disclosure: MomsWhoSave posts may contain affiliate links that help to support this site. See full disclosure policy here.