Disclosure: Articles may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases (at no additional cost to you). See our full disclosure here.
Last updated on February 11th, 2022 at 09:54 pm
Update: (This is a 2018 post.) Head to our latest post on Wet’n Wild for the current discount.
Disclosure: I received tickets to Wet’N Wild Emerald Pointe in exchange for my honest review. As always, all opinions are my own. See full disclosure policy here.
Wet’n Wild Emerald Pointe has always been our favorite water park, but we had never really checked out what they had for younger kids. We knew there were plenty of rides and attractions for older kids, teens, and adults (more on that later). We didn’t realize how much there is to do if you’re bringing younger children to the park.
We were so pleasantly surprised! You won’t run out of things to do if you’re bringing your toddler to young elementary school-aged child to Wet’n Wild. From Splash Island and Happy Harbor to all the kid-size water slides, the little ones were having a blast!
And, a few things to note:
- as always, Wet’n Wild has plenty of life guards on hand, even in the shallowest water
- there are lots of places for moms and dads to sit and watch the kids (many of them shaded)
- there are life jackets everywhere, including sizes small enough for young children
If you’re visiting the park with older kids or teens, I like the fact that the park announces the time every hour, so you can meet up at a designated spot at a specified time. And, again this year, we enjoyed the private cabanas because they act as the perfect meeting spot and a safe place to keep all of our belongings.
If you haven’t been to Wet’n Wild in awhile, you’ll notice the the cabanas have been upgraded! There are new lounge chairs, a refrigerator in the cabana filled with a variety of cool drinks, and new outdoor dining tables and chairs.
I always recommend renting a cabana to make the most of your day at Wet’n Wild. Here’s why:
- Cabanas come with a storage locker. This solves the problem of someone (usually mom) having to stay behind to watch everyone’s belongings while the rest of the group goes off to have fun.
- Cabanas also come with wait service. You can relax and have your food and drinks come to you. We ordered lunch again this year, and by the way, the food at Wet’n Wild is delicious. They bring it to you in insulated containers so it stays hot.
- Your own private cabana means you’re assured of having your own lounge chairs (and table and chairs) all day even if the park gets busy. Plus, we had our own private space to hang out. Our cabana became our “home base,” and we knew no one else could take over our chairs while we were out in other parts of the water park.
- A private cabana would be great for a birthday party or just to get together with friends too!
If you’ve never been to Wet’n Wild, you’ll love that they have something for everyone! For the adults and the big kids — Raging Rapids and The Edge, plus relaxing environments like the Lazee River.
Some of my teenager’s favorites–
Riptide Racer: Unleash your adrenaline with some head to head competition! Riptide Racer pits up to four riders in a side by side, plunging race to a twisting, screaming finale.
Dr. Von Dark: You’ll experience a breathtaking 40-ft. drop. Soar to dizzying heights on back-to-back vertical banks. Complete a pair of hi-speed 360° spins. And do it all against a backdrop of total darkness and visual effects!
Thunder Bay: Wet’n Wild Emerald Pointe’s Centerpiece attraction, a gigantic two million gallon wave pool creates 84-foot wide tsunami waves to ride on, splash in, or just watch from the sand free beaches.
Make sure you have a Wet’n Wild Emerald Pointe adventure this year. It’s so much fun for the whole family!
Get your Wet’n Wild Discount!
Two of my very favorite things are summer and saving money, so I don’t want anyone to miss this deal. Grab your discounted Wet’n Wild admission tickets here! You’ll pay just $30.99 per ticket when you use promo code: BLOGGER18 and purchase your ticket online. (This code is good for the 2018 season.) Have a great time!
You can also find MomsWhoSave on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Join us for updates!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.
Disclosure: MomsWhoSave posts may contain affiliate links that help to support this site. See full disclosure policy here.
Leave a Reply