Last updated on January 31st, 2023 at 06:30 pm
Everyone will love these sweet and savory Hawaiian ham rolls. They’re perfect to make ahead. Then just pop them in the oven when it’s time to eat.
Sweet & Savory Hawaiian Ham Rolls
This recipe is just the thing to serve at a potluck, picnic, on game day, or at any get-together. So much tastier than ordinary ham and cheese, these flavorful little sandwiches are easy to make ahead.
We like to make a pan of them to keep on-hand for a quick lunch.
This is also the perfect recipe for when you have leftover ham you need to use up, like after Easter or Christmas.
They couldn’t be easier to make–just a little bit of assembly, and then bake. These Hawaiian ham rolls taste best nice and warm from the oven.
Sweet & Savory Ham Rolls
- 1 Pack of Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- 1/2 lb. Shaved Ham
- 1 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Minced Dried Onions
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp. Poppyseeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter, and combine with dried onions, sugar, mustard, and poppyseeds.
- Horizontally slice Hawaiian rolls.
- Place bottom layer of Hawaiian rolls on a baking sheet, and layer with shaved ham and cheese.
- Spoon half of melted butter mixture onto cheese, and place top layer of rolls on top.
- Brush or spoon second half of melted butter mixture on top of rolls.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and rolls are golden brown.
- Cool for 5 to 8 minutes, slice, and serve.
To make sure the tops of your sandwiches don’t get overdone, you can cover the pan with foil, and then uncover for the last several minutes of baking time. Adjust the time you leave the foil on according to your preference.
Can these sandwiches be made in advance?
As mentioned, you can prepare these sandwiches ahead of time. Keep them refrigerated until you’re ready to bake and serve them.
Can these ham rolls be frozen?
You can make these sweet and savory Hawaiian ham rolls in advace, cover with foil, and then store them in the freezer in an airtight container or Ziploc bag. You can keep them frozen for up to four months.
When you’re ready to bake them, it’s best to let them thaw first.
Storing & Reheating Leftovers
You can keep your baked ham rolls in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To reheat, microwave for about 30 seconds.
A toaster oven will work even better to keep the sandwiches from getting too soft. Open up the bun into two halves, and then toast for three or four minutes at 300˚.
You might also like these recipes:
Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken Sliders (Easy Recipe)
10 One-Pot Meals: Try One of These Easy Recipes Tonight!