Last updated on October 7th, 2022 at 04:05 am
Expecting a baby? Have you thought about a babymoon? There are some terrific reasons to go on a babymoon. But first, what is a babymoon?
Are you expecting your very first little bundle of joy? What an exciting time! Your life is about to completely change, and it’ll never be the same again! But that’s okay because parenting is a gift and truly a joy. This is a good change, but if you’re feeling a little overwhelmed a babymoon may be just the ticket.
What is a babymoon?
I’m glad you asked. It’s a little getaway that expecting parents take, typically during the second trimester, to soak in as much alone time as possible before baby comes along. And guess what? You don’t have to be first time parents to go on one! With every new baby comes new changes, so find a reliable babysitter for your older kids because only you, your partner, and your unborn child are allowed on this vacation!
Reasons to go on a babymoon:
- Why not? It’s an excellent excuse to take that tropical vacation you’ve been dreaming of. Or your chance to read that stack of books or revisit an old hobby. Whatever you choose to do for your babymoon, do it because you can!
- Rest. If you haven’t heard yet, let me tell you now–parenting is exhausting. You will experience a kind of tired you’ve never known before. Don’t worry, it’s more than worth it. But getting some rest while you can is certainly not a bad idea. Especially if it’s on an exotic beach.
- Spend time with your first love. While prioritizing your marriage is essential even after baby arrives, it tends to look a little different. And in those early days of baby, survival mode may kick in and not leave a whole lot of room for romance. Survival mode is a temporary situation, but since busy days are ahead, take advantage of this time to enjoy a little extra lovin’.
- Make plans. Dream about what life will be like once that sweet babe enters your world. Talk with your spouse about your different parenting styles and the practical implications. Research how to invest for your baby’s future. Discuss roles–who will do the midnight feedings? Who will change diapers? Etc. A babymoon is the perfect time to have some real conversations and prep for what’s next.
Before you book the hotel or start packing your bags, you’ll need to take some things into consideration. You are pregnant, after all, so here are some tips to ensure you enjoy a safe and successful babymoon:
Tips for a successful babymoon:
- Limit travel time. Spending hours in a car isn’t a pregnant woman’s definition of relaxation.
- Go before your due date gets too close. You don’t want to go into labor in an airplane or 1,000 miles from your favorite doctor. Speaking of your doctor…
- Let your doctor know your plans. He/she will have wisdom for you about what is safe based on your individual needs.
- Make sure a health care professional is nearby. Take note of local hospitals just in case.
- Don’t overdo it. You might’ve been able to hike that mountain a few months ago, but things are a little different with baby in tow.
- Keep moving. While you don’t want to go crazy physically, you do want to make sure you don’t sit for long periods of time either. Stretch those legs regularly.
Now that you’re equipped with all you need to know about a babymoon and all the great reasons to take a babymoon, it’s time to make plans and go! You deserve it. When baby is born, you’ll be ready to take a totally different type of babymoon–the kind that involves snuggling that sweet babe for as long as possible. Enjoy!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.