Last updated on December 30th, 2021 at 09:15 pm
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
I’ve had pets all my life, and I consider them part of the family. I can’t imagine life without pets, and keeping my dog, Rosie, healthy, happy, and safe is important to me. That means making sure she gets her check-ups and vaccinations, and that I keep her protected from fleas, ticks, and the diseases they carry.
5 Tips to Protect Your Dog From Fleas and Ticks
In my years of pet parent experience, I’ve learned a few things about keeping the fleas and ticks at bay. Here are five of my top tips:
1. Fleas and ticks like tall grass and moisture, so don’t let your lawn grow too long. Get rid of any clippings, leaves, or straw lying around outside, since they can hold excess moisture.
2. Inspect your dog for fleas and ticks often, including under their chin and around their neck, between their toes, inside and around the folds of their ears, and around their armpits. You’ll want to be sure to check your dog when they’ve been in a wooded area, in tall grass, or exposed to other dogs.
3. Fleas hate the smell of cedar, so cedar chips spread around your yard can help provide some outdoor protection for your pets.
4. Keep your pet’s indoor environment clean. Wash their bedding often. Vacuum and/or wash the furniture and pillows they use and the toys they play with regularly.
5. Treat your pet every month with PetArmor Plus, since fleas and ticks can be present year round, even in colder climates, and can lay dormant for several months before hatching.
Why PetArmor® Plus for Dogs?
• PetArmor Plus can be used for protection, prevention and/or treatment of fleas and ticks.
• Used as directed, PetArmor Plus can stop infestations and help prevent reinfestation.
• This fast-acting, waterproof formula helps break the flea life cycle by killing flea eggs and larvae for up to 12 weeks as well as kills ticks that may transmit Lyme disease.
• You get a vet-quality product for less, and you can pick up PetArmor Plus for a great price at Walmart.
Rosie is a happy and fun-loving dog, but she does get anxious about seeing the vet, so I’m glad that flea and tick protection is one thing I can take care of at home. Since I can pick up PetArmor Plus, a brand trusted by over a million other pet parents, at Walmart, why not make life simpler for Rosie and for me?
PetArmor® Plus for Dogs
The vet-quality formula kills the following for up to 30 days:
• flea eggs
• flea larvae
• chewing lice
— Available for dogs:
• 4 to 22 pounds
• 23 to 44 pounds
• 45 to 88 pounds
• 89 to 132 pounds
— Do not attempt to split doses between dogs
— ONLY use on dogs over 4 pounds and over 8 weeks of age.
— Can be used on breeding, pregnant and lactating animals
Applying the Product to Dogs:
-Remove product tubes from the package.
-Separate one tube from the others.
-Hold the tube with notched end pointing up and away from the face and body. Use scissors to cut off the narrow end at the notches along the line.
-Invert tube over dog and use open end to part your dog’s hair.
-Squeeze tube firmly to apply all of the solution to the dog’s skin as a spot to the dog’s back between the shoulder blades.
-Keep treated pets apart from each other, other pets and children for 24 hours after treatment and until the product is dry.
PetArmor® Plus for Dogs — Available at Walmart!
Keep your dog protected from fleas, ticks, and the diseases they carry. Pick up PetArmor® Plus for Dogs at Walmart today.
Also read — Check Out These Pet-Friendly Hotel Chains Before Your Next Vacation
You can also find MomsWhoSave on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Join us!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.
I’m so glad they make products that kill all stages now! They used to only kill live fleas, not eggs, so you had to treat at least twice.