Last updated on October 14th, 2023 at 09:15 pm
Oreo Cookie Turkeys
gel food coloring
Oreo Turkey Cookie Pops
- Package of vanilla Oreo cookies
- Package of Nutter Butter mini round cookies
- Bag of candy corn
- Pack of candy sticks — You can find these at Michael’s or Walmart
- Ribbon of your choice for decoration
Royal Icing Ingredients:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup of powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Orange, yellow, and red gel food coloring
Cookie Assembly Directions:
- Separate the vanilla Oreo cookies.
- Place the half of the Oreo cookie with the filling on a plate.
- Add a layer of white royal icing* on top of the cookie filling.
- Place four pieces of candy corn with the white end of the candy corn on top of the royal icing.
- Place the candy stick on the icing until almost touching the candy corn.
- Put the top half of the Oreo cookie on top. (if needed, add more icing to level to the top cookie).
- Allow to dry one hour before standing up.
- Add the mini Nutter Butter cookie on top of the Oreo cookie.
- Use the white icing as the glue to hold the mini cookie to the Oreo Cookie.
- Add a small dot of white icing as the eye on the mini nutter butter cookie.
- Place a tiny orange icing dot (eyeball) in the center of the white dot (eye).
- Add three tiny yellow icing dots, touching each other, for the nose.
- Add red icing for the waddle.
- Allow to dry for several hours.
- Tie a bow around the candy stick.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for four minutes. (except your food coloring)
- If icing is not stiff enough, add 1/4 cup powder sugar.
- Spoon the icing into a bowl (#1). Take out 4 TBSP of icing add several drops of orange gel food coloring. Mix well.
- Spoon the icing into a bowl (#2). Take out 4 TBSP of icing add several drops of yellow gel food coloring. Mix well.
- Add several drops of red gel food coloring in a bowl (#3) of 4 TBSP of icing. Stir well to mix the color.
- Keep the rest of the icing white.
- Spoon the different colors of the icing into individual pastry bags with a #5 tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to force the icing to the tip.
You might also like this recipe:
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s newsletter.