Last updated on September 19th, 2019 at 08:30 pm
Every kid loves Finding Dory! When it’s time for another Dory or Nemo movie night at your house, here’s a fun snack your kids will love. It’s perfect for a Dory-themed birthday party too.
I like popcorn with anything sweet, and this cake batter topping is amazing. Enjoy!
Yields 6 cups.
6 cups popcorn (no butter)
1 Tablespoon solid shortening
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup vanilla cake mix
2 Tablespoons sprinkles
2/3 cup Pepperidge Farm
Finding Dory Goldfish Goldfish Colors (Finding Dory Goldfish are no longer available.)
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper, and set aside.
2. Pop or microwave the popcorn (do not use butter-flavored, as it makes it difficult for the white chocolate to stick to it). Place in a large bowl, and set aside.
3. In a double boiler, melt the shortening over medium heat.
4. Add the white chocolate chips, turn the heat to medium low, and stir until smooth and melted.
5. Pour the melted white chocolate into a medium mixing bowl. Add the cake mix and sprinkles. Stir until well combined.
6. With the help of a spatula, pour the cake mix mixture into the bowl with the popcorn, and mix until the popcorn is completely coated. (I found that it’s easiest to just use your hands.)
7. Transfer the coated popcorn onto the cookie sheet in a single layer.
8. Immediately place the Goldfish crackers onto the popcorn (they will stick to the melted chocolate), and let cool for 30 minutes.
9. Break up into serving pieces, and serve.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.