Last updated on March 1st, 2023 at 10:21 pm
Here’s a snack you and your kids will love. These energy bites are so simple to make, and there’s no baking! Just mix together the ingredients, and feel free to change the recipe a bit to make it your own. You can always add or subtract ingredients according to what you have in the pantry or what your family likes best.
They’re such a satisfying snack when you want something sweet–a terrific alternative to a sugary cookie. With all of the good-for-you ingredients, I don’t feel guilty eating a couple!
These energy bites are great after-school snacks too, or pack them in your kids’ lunch.
No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe Tips & Variations
- If you’re having trouble getting the mixture to hold together, add more peanut butter to make it stickier.
- In place of peanut butter, try almond butter, sunflower butter, cashew butter, or any of your favorite nut butters.
- Add coconut flakes to the mixture.
- Instead of forming balls, press the mixture into a square baking dish to make energy bars.
- Keep these energy balls in a sealed container for up to a week (if they last that long). Or, freeze in an airtight container for up to three months.
If you’re looking for more healthy eating ideas, check out these recipes:
Easy No-Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or substitute almond butter or your favorite seed or nut butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips substitute raisins if you’d like
- 1/3 cup honey or agave sweetener
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed or chia seeds if desired or try shredded coconut
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Next, scoop out dough and roll into balls. If mixture is too dry, add more sweetener, and if it’s too wet, add more oats. You can also refrigerate before shaping into balls.
After shaping mixture into balls, place on parchment paper to set in freezer or refrigerator. Store the energy bites in the refrigerator.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s newsletter.