Last updated on October 15th, 2022 at 12:25 pm
Here’s an easy home decor project for the next time you’re feeling crafty. Keep reading for everything you need to know about this mirror box DIY.
This pretty mirrored box has lots of uses and makes a cute gift.
Note: If you noticed the blue agate coasters in the background, click here to see how to make them.
Mirror Box DIY Supplies:
Articles may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases (at no cost to you).
- Five 4-inch square mirrors (From your local craft store, and Amazon has some great ones too!)
- Hot glue
Mirror Box DIY Instructions:
- If your square mirrors have any “feet” on the back you will want to remove them from four of the five pieces. You can keep them on the base/bottom piece.
- Place a line of hot glue along one side of the back of the mirror.
- Line it up and press it against the base piece. (The base should sit with the mirror side up.)
- Hold the mirror in place for a moment. I leaned a box next to it to help keep it steady. The glue will harden relatively quickly.
- Repeat the process on another piece of mirror.
- After the glue has set, lean your box on the side. Draw a line of hot glue between the two mirrors to connect them.
- Repeat the process until all four ‘walls’ of your box are built.
This will also make a cute planter! I wouldn’t recommend using this as a planter for real plants, but faux succulents work beautifully. (I found my faux succulents online, or you can check your local craft store.)
Keep the planter lightweight by filling the box with a piece of crumpled paper or newspaper. You can cut holes for the suuculents. Then, use water beads to cover the top and complete the look!
And, don’t forget to buy some extra supplies so you can make a few boxes to give as gifts!