Last updated on June 27th, 2020 at 07:04 pm
Here’s an easy craft project. Keep reading to learn how to create this mirrored box that has lots of uses and makes a cute little gift.
Note: If you noticed the blue agate coasters in the background, click here to see how to make them.
Mirrored Box Supplies:
- Five 4-inch square mirrors (From your local craft store, and Amazon has some great ones too!)
- Hot glue
Mirrored Box Instructions:
- If your square mirrors have any “feet” on the back you will want to remove them from four of the five pieces. You can keep them on the base/bottom piece.
- Place a line of hot glue along one side of the back of the mirror.
- Line it up and press it against the base piece. (The base should sit with the mirror side up.)
- Hold the mirror in place for a moment. I leaned a box next to it to help keep it steady. The glue will harden relatively quickly.
- Repeat the process on another piece of mirror.
- After the glue has set, lean your box on the side. Draw a line of hot glue between the two mirrors to connect them.
- Repeat the process until all four ‘walls’ of your box are built.
Now you just need to decide how you will use your box! Put in your bathroom to hold make-up brushes or in your office to hold pens and pencils.
This will also make a cute planter! I wouldn’t recommend using this as a planter for real plants, but faux succulents work perfectly. (I found my succulents at the craft store.) Keep the planter light by filling the box with a piece of paper or newspaper. You can cut holes for the suuculents. Use water beads to cover and help complete the look!
Don’t forget to buy some extra supplies so you can make a few boxes to give as gifts too!