Last updated on July 13th, 2023 at 05:37 pm
Everyone loves tacos, and today, I have a recipe that’s one of my family’s favorites–shrimp tacos.
This delicious recipe is extra tasty thanks to the chipotle ranch sauce and coleslaw. Of course, I think coleslaw makes a great topping for just about anything!
These tacos are light and the flavor combination is amazing. Grill up your shrimp outdoors if you can, but if not, you’ll still love this recipe!
Shrimp Tacos with Chipotle Ranch Sauce & Coleslaw
Here’s everything you need to create these scrumptious shrimp tacos!
The coleslaw makes this recipe!
Or is it the chipotle ranch sauce?
I think you’ll agree that it all comes together to make the perfect taco!
Shrimp Tacos with Coleslaw
- 1 ½ lbs medium shrimp peeled, de-veined, tails removed
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 6 tortillas taco-sized
- ½ lb red cabbage shredded
- 1 lb white cabbage shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
Chipotle Ranch Sauce
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup cilantro lightly packed
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 green onions chopped
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp in Old Bay Seasoning until well-coated. Preheat your grill to 350-450 degrees, and cook the shrimp over medium direct heat for five to seven minutes.
- For the slaw, in a small bowl, mix together buttermilk, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, sugar, lemon zest, and juice.
- Add the cabbage and carrots to a large bowl. Pour wet mixture over the cabbage and carrots, then toss to mix all of the ingredients together.
- Put slaw into the refrigerator to chill.
- Next, make your Chipotle Ranch Sauce. Add all of the ingredients to your blender, and blend well.
- To assemble your tacos, start by adding a tablespoon of the chipotle ranch sauce to the middle of your tortilla. Add ⅙ of the cooked shrimp. Top with slaw-- as much as desired, then top with a drizzle of chipotle ranch sauce.
- Finish by sprinkling a few green onions on top. Serve immediately.
You might also like this recipe: Cheese Shell Taco Cups with Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce (Keto-Friendly)
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s newsletter.