Last updated on January 4th, 2021 at 12:15 pm
I am old enough to remember when words like green, organic, and natural were things that most people didn’t care about. We trusted big corporations and/or the government to make sure what we ate, drank, put into or on our bodies, and brought into our homes was safe. We wouldn’t be able to buy it if it wasn’t safe, right?
Now we know better. Being smart about what we consume and the products we bring into our homes is a necessity if we want to live healthy lives. The difficult part for many of us has been where to start. There is so much information out there, and it’s difficult to understand. That’s what Leah Segedie thought too, so she set out to make going green easy. The result is her book, Green Enough.
I wasn’t sure what to expect when I received this book to review, but I was happily surprised. It is written for everyday people who want simple ways to live healthier and greener.
Leah gets straight to the point with loads of information and step-by-step instructions. She tells you what to prioritize, so you can make changes at your own pace, starting with what’s most important. And, there’s no shaming or guilt-tripping in this book–just information that’s easy to use.
Here’s what you’ll find in Green Enough:
- Step-by-step instructions on how to do home detoxes including: (1) kitchen cabinet detox, (2) food container detox, (3) clean air detox, and (4) personal care detox.
- 50+ family friendly recipes made from real wholesome good-for-your-family foods.
- Money-saving DIY recipes to make safe and simple homemade cleaning & personal care formulations.
- Be informed! Learn from leading experts in science and children’s health about what chemicals are safe vs. which are okay to have in your home.
- Know what to buy! Exclusive product investigations covering food, personal care products, cleaning products, kitchen appliances, bake ware and much more!
- Smile more! Learn about which parts of green living are most important for your family vs. which parts you can leave behind if you choose. This is all about your family’s health and impact on your life. You choose how “green” you want to be.
This book is a reference you’ll go to again and again. It offers so much practical information you can start using today. I love that it breaks down such a complex topic–even simplifying your shopping, by listing “bad,” “better,” and “best” brand names. And, there are 50 kid-friendly healthy recipes, so there’s no need to keep feeding your family junk.
If this is the information you’ve been waiting for too, order Green Enough on Amazon now. I’m thinking it would be a great gift too!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!