Last updated on February 13th, 2020 at 09:59 pm
These Candy Corn JELL-O Cups are a fall treat your whole family will love! They’re perfect for a Halloween party, a fun dessert, or to serve as a snack anytime.
Even if you’re not a fan of candy corn, you’ll love this yummy dessert. It has the look of candy corn, but not the taste. (Feel free to add a few pieces of candy corn on the top if you want to be extra fancy though!)
This candy corn jello cup recipe makes one small glass plus an 8×8 square glass dish of the JELL-O dessert you can cut into squares. Or, you can choose to make two or three small glasses (like the one pictured above). You’ll want to allow a few hours from start to finish when making this recipe because the individual layers need time to set. It’s easiest to make it a day or two ahead, and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
Candy Corn JELL-O Dessert Cups
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cups milk
- 1 ⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 ⁄2 tsp vanilla
- 2 packages of Knox unflavored gelatin
- 2 small boxes JELL-O – red orange, yellow
- Water: 1 1⁄2 cups for each color jello and one cup for the Knox
- *Optional: whipping cream and colorful candies
- Boil milk and sugar together for two minutes, and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Heat water on stove/teapot.
- Dissolve the orange JELL-O in a dish with 1 1⁄2 cups of hot water, stirring to combine. Let cool. Set aside.
- In a another bowl, dissolve two packages of Knox gelatin in one cup of cold water.
- Combine milk and sugar mixture with Knox gelatin and sour cream. Blend until smooth. Add vanilla.
- The best way to ensure equal size layers for presentation is to measure the side of the glass with a ruler and divide equally into six layers.
- Slowly pour enough orange JELL-O into bottom of glass, based on the layer size you decided on. Take note of the amount, 1⁄4 cup, 1/3 cup, etc. Set aside an equal portion of the orange jello in reserve for another layer. Pour the remaining unreserved jello into square dish. Cover with plastic wrap, and set in refrigerator to cool and firm.
- Once firm, carefully add the next layer, which is the milk and sour cream mixture combination. Refrigerate until firm.
- Dissolve the yellow JELL-O in a dish with 1 1⁄2 cups of hot water, stirring to combine. Let cool. Set aside.
- Carefully add the yellow JELL-O atop the white solid sour cream layer in each dish. Spoon and spread gently to avoid any holes.
- Refrigerate until firm. Then gently add a layer of milk and sour cream mixture to the top of yellow layers in the glass and square dish.
- The square dish is now finished with layering. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Continue the process of layering in the glass with more orange JELL-O, followed by a white layer, then the yellow JELL-O on top.
- Cut JELL-O in square dish into squares and serve on a platter. Top with a dollop of whipping cream and candies if desired.
Do not store the sour cream/milk mixture in the refrigerator as it will set, and you need it to be in a liquid state. When pouring on each layer of JELL-O and sour cream/milk mixture, do it very slowly and carefully so it won’t rupture and spread through the previous layer.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.