Last updated on May 21st, 2023 at 06:38 pm
If your family is like mine, you usually come home from the beach with more than a few seashells and other treasures. Since we’ve visited the beach a few times a year since moving to the East Coast, our collection is growing rapidly!
Here’s an easy project parents and children can do together that will turn those shells, sea glass, and other finds into a lasting memento of your beach vacation.
Beach Treasures Keepsake Jar
- A small glass jar including the lid (remove the label) We used an olive jar.
- Whatever you’ve collected from the beach that will fit into the jar–for example:
- small or broken seashells
- sea glass
- small or broken starfish or sand dollars
- sea weed
- small pebbles
- Hot glue gun
1. Begin by filling your jar with your beach treasures, paying attention to keep the most interesting and colorful items facing the outside. If you need to adjust something as you go, use a large “un-bent” paperclip to reach the items inside the jar.
2. When you’ve filled the jar to the top, put on the lid, adding a few dabs of hot glue from your glue gun if you’d like.
3. To finish off your creation, depending on the size of the jar, you can glue a shell, a piece of sea glass, or a stone to the top of the lid–or several as you see in our photo.
4. You can also paint the lid of your jar if you’re feeling extra crafty!
Let us know how your beach treasures jar turns out. Leave a comment below.Beach Treasures Keepsake Jar — Easy DIY | #beach #crafts #diy #vacation Click To Tweet
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s newsletter.