Last updated on February 3rd, 2023 at 05:52 pm
Instagram is an excellent tool for promoting your business and website. And, since it’s been around for awhile, there are now tons of filters, planners to help with layout, and even a free Instagram post generator. But there’s more to success than just posting beautiful photos — though that’s important too! In order to get great results, you should follow a few tips for promoting your Instagram profile in the best ways possible. Here are 13 ideas to help you do just that.
Tips for Promoting Your Instagram Profile
1. Fill out your profile completely. Make it interesting, exciting, and engaging. Instagram doesn’t let you put clickable links in your posts, so don’t forget to link to your site’s homepage in your profile.
2. Link to your Instagram page from your website. You should link to all of your social media accounts from your site or blog. There are lots of social media plug-ins in WordPress that make it simple.
3. Include a link on your other social networking profiles. Sure it might seem counterintuitive to ask your Facebook followers to also like you on Instagram, but if you’re sharing different content in different ways, and you should be, it is not awkward.
4. Use hashtags. Instagram lets you have up to 30 on each post. Make sure they’re relevant to what you’re posting, and if you would rather them not be in the same place as your text, you can add them as a separate comment after you post.
Finding the most-searched hashtags — One way to find relevant hashtags is to check out what your competitors and top bloggers in your niche are using but that can be very time-consuming. You can also find lists of the most popular hashtags on using Hashtagify, Best Hashtags, HopperHQ, and All Hashtag.
5. Use Instagram to post to other networks. After you’ve designed your post, Instagram gives you the option to share to other platforms. Decide if this does or doesn’t make sense for your business. Remember each network has its own size requirements and audience so this may not be the best move for everyone. If you choose to do so, the post will show up in that network feed along with a link to the image’s Instagram URL. Visitors who click through can view your other Instagram photos and follow you if they choose to.
6. Add an Instagram feed tab to your website. WordPress has plugins that will allow you to display a gallery of your latest Instagram photos on your site along with a link to your profile. These are typically easy to install but can have huge results.
7. Be active on Instagram. This means commenting on and liking your followers’ photos. You can also look for hashtags in your niche to like and comment on. When you do this, you’re pretty certain to get at least some love back in return.
8. Have a photo contest! Ask your followers to post photos related to a specific theme using a unique hashtag, and use Instagram to announce the winner. Or you can create your own hashtag around a product of service. This is an organic way to get more followers and eyeballs on your items.
9. Use your email list. Along with sharing on social media, your email list can be very powerful. Let your subscribers know you are using Instagram, give them a link to your profile, and ask them what kinds of photos they would like to see. You can also send them a link when you post something special. Just be careful not to overdo it, or they may lose interest.
10. Partner with another user. Another terrific idea for promoting your Instagram profile is to partner with another Instagram user. You each share one photo of the other person’s and give a “shout out” to the owner of the image. This works best when you are both in a similar or complimentary field.
11. Participate in photo challenges. There are hundreds of other Instgram profiles that have contests or just promote similar material. Find some of your favorites and regularly participate using your best images. Instagram is an excellent way to keep in touch with your clients and provide them another look at your business. It takes some time and experimenting to find what works for you, but in the end the effort can really pay off.
12. Use Stories, Reels, and IGTV. Reach a larger audience by using Instagram stories, IGTV, Reels, and Instagram Live Video. Instagram Live videos and stories both disappear after 24 hours, whereas IGTV and Reels do not. Using these features boosts your brand’s visibility, allows more opportunity for engagement, and can grow your community.
13. Check your Instagram analytics. Finally, when you have an Instagram business account, you have access to analytics. Take a look at your stats every so often to see how many interactions your posts are getting, how many profile visits you’re getting, and check out your reach and impressions. You can even learn about your audience–from demographic information to when they’re on the app. That’s all valuable infornation to have when considering what and when to post.
Do you have more tips for promoting your Instagram profile? Leave us a comment below.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s newsletter.