Last updated on December 9th, 2017 at 07:41 pm
Instagram is an excellent tool for promoting your business and website. But there’s more to success than just posting beautiful pictures — though that is important too! In order to get great results, it’s important to promote your Instagram profile in the best ways possible. Here are 10 tips to help you do just that.
1. Fill out your profile completely. Make it interesting, exciting, and engaging. Instagram doesn’t have clickable links anywhere except for a single link in your profile, so don’t forget this part.
2. Put the badge on your website. Instagram makes it easy to link to your profile by offering official Instagram badges. Go to your account, choose the badge size that you want, copy the code, and paste it on your website or blog. Simple!
3. Include a link on your other social networking profiles. Sure it might seem counterintuitive to ask your Facebook followers to also like you on Instagram, but if you’re sharing different content in different ways, and you should be, it is not awkward.
4. Use hashtags. It’s important not to overuse hashtags though. Instagram lets you have up to 20 on each post. If you would rather them not be in the same place as your text, you can add them as a separate comment after you post.
5. Use Instagram to post to other networks. After you’ve designed your post, Instagram gives you the option to share to other platforms. Decide if this does or doesn’t make sense for your business. Remember each network has its own size requirements and audience so this may not be the best move for everyone. If you choose to do so, the post will show up in that network feed along with a link to the image’s Instagram URL. Visitors who click through can view your other Instagram photos and follow you if they want.
6. Add an Instagram feed tab to your Facebook page or website. Iconosquare offers an app that will create a tab which displays all of your Instagram photos on Facebook or site along with a link to your profile. Just install the app and post to Instagram as usual. There are many plugins for wordpress websites that will do something similar. These are typically very easy to install but can have huge results.
7. Have a photo contest! Ask your followers to post photos related to a specific theme using a unique hashtag, and use Instagram to announce the winner. Or you can create your own hashtag around a product of service. This is an organic way to get more followers and eyeballs on your items.
8. Use your email list. Along with sharing on social media, your email list can be very powerful. Let your subscribers know you are using Instagram, give them a link to your profile, and ask them what kinds of photos they would like to see. You can also send them a link when you post something special. Just be careful not to overdo it, or they may lose interest.
9. Partner with another user. Consider partnering with another Instagram user. You each share one photo of the other and give a “shout out” to the owner of the image. This works best when you are both in a similar field.
10. Participate in photo challenges. There are hundreds of other Instgram profiles that have contests or just promote similar material. Find some of your favorites and regularly participate using your best images. Instagram is an excellent way to keep in touch with your clients and provide them another look at your business. It takes some time and experimenting to find what works for you, but in the end the effort can really pay off.