Last updated on September 19th, 2019 at 01:04 am
Everyone loves pudding, and of course, it’s simple to whip up with box of pudding mix, but have you ever made it from scratch? Try this decadent strawberry pudding recipe made with real strawberries, and you won’t go back to instant.
Strawberry Pudding Dessert With Sugar Wafers
- 1/4 Cup chopped strawberries
- 8 Tbsps strawberry jam
- ¼ Cup cornstarch
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup sugar
- ½ Cup crushed wafer cookies
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ Cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup milk
- Use an electric mixer to combine the strawberry jam, milk, cornstarch, eggs, sugar, and heavy cream.
- Transfer to a saucepan over medium heat, and stir until the first large bubble forms.
- Reduce to low heat, add the vanilla, and keep stirring for one minute.
- Transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate for four hours.
- Serve in small dishes or cups, top with the wafer cookies, and garnish with the strawberries.
Add some cocoa powder for a chocolate strawberry version.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.