Last updated on December 28th, 2016 at 01:37 am
Disclosure: MomsWhoSave has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. See full disclosure policy here.
We all want to save money and protect our natural resources. One of the best ways to do both is by using less energy in our homes.
Best Buy ENERGY STAR® certified products can help you save money with every energy bill. If you’ll be shopping for new appliances or electronics, you’ll want to check out Best Buy first. They’re committed to doing their part in protecting the environment and reducing energy use by offering a wide variety of ENERGY STAR products.
What is ENERGY STAR?
ENERGY STAR certified consumer electronic products save energy in comparison to non-certified products because they are more efficient in all usage modes: sleep, idle, and on.
· ENERGY STAR is a good choice for people interested in reducing their energy bill while helping to protect the environment.
· ENERGY STAR certified products save customers money. Products come with two price tags: the purchase price and the cost of operating the product. ENERGY STAR certified products can help customers save money on operating costs by reducing energy expenses without sacrificing performance.
· ENERGY STAR certified products reduce energy usage, which is good for the environment. Reduced energy helps to: Fight climate change, reduce carbon emissions, and other pollutants, and preserve more of the earth’s natural resources.
Did you know even something like sound bars can be made more energy efficient? ENERGY STAR certified audio and video equipment, including sound bars, is up to 50 percent more efficient than conventional models. You’ll maximize your energy savings by bundling ENERGY STAR certified televisions and sound bars with your other audio and video products. Best Buy offers your favorite brands, many with the ENERGY STAR rating.
I recently got a new ENERGY STAR washer and dryer, and I always check Best Buy first when I’m appliance shopping. Check out their selection of ENERGY STAR dryers. ENERGY STAR certified dryers use 20% less energy than conventional models without sacrificing features or performance. They do this using innovative energy saving technologies, such as moisture sensors that detect when clothes are dry and automatically shut the dryer off. Many of these dryers also include convenient features, such as steam cycles that can help save time on ironing clothes by preventing wrinkles.
If all clothes dryers sold in the US were ENERGY STAR certified, Americans could save $1.5 billion each year in utility costs and prevent greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to more than 2 million vehicles.
Just look at these statistics from Best Buy–we can make a big difference!
· In 2015, Best Buy customers purchased enough ENERGY STAR® certified products to collectively save $67,120,515 in annual energy costs.
· In 2015, Best Buy customers purchased ENERGY STAR® certified products to collectively save enough energy to help power 70,538 households for a year.
· In 2015, Best Buy customers purchased enough ENERGY STAR® certified Audio Equipment and Sound Bars to collectively help prevent the greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to removing 2,013 cars from the road for an entire year.
There’s even more savings! Rebates are often available from utilities for smart home products and appliances. Head to this Rebate Finder to learn more.
I hope you’ll look for an ENERGY STAR product the next time you buy a new appliance or tech product.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.
Disclosure: MomsWhoSave posts may contain affiliate links that help to support this site. See full disclosure policy here.