Last updated on September 19th, 2019 at 03:52 am
Here’s a colorful and yummy treat for birthday parties or anytime. We’ve used pastel sprinkles here, but these will work for any occasion. Try red and pink sprinkles for Valentine’s Day, blue and red for Independence Day, or red and green for Christmas, for example. I think the pastel sprinkles are perfect for Easter and spring!
Kids can definitely help you make these Rice Krispie treat party pops. We’ve taken a shortcut and used pre-made Rice Krispies treats in this recipe. If you’d like to make your own, they are easy. Just use the recipe on the box of Rice Krispies.
You’ll enjoy making these and eating them!
- colorful paper straws (you could substitute popsicle sticks)
- Rice Krispies treats
- white melting chocolate
- candy sprinkles
- wax paper
- plastic straw
1. Lay a large piece of wax paper across your counter. Less mess, less stress! Unwrap all of your Rice Krispies treats, and set them aside. (You can also make your own Rice Krispies treats using the recipe on the box of cereal.)
2. Using a microwave or a double boiler, melt your white chocolate. If the consistency is too thick, add a small amount of vegetable oil, and stir.
3. Pour the melted white chocolate into a small bowl or cup, and set aside.
4. Place the straws into your treats (see photo). One at a time, press the plastic straw into the bottom of the treat. (The paper straws are not strong enough to pierce the treat.)
5. Once you have done this to all of the Rice Krispies treats, you’ll dip the end of your paper straws into the melted white chocolate, and place them into the holes you have made.
6. Allow the melted white chocolate to dry before moving on to the next step.
7. Dip just the end of the Rice Krispies treats into the white chocolate, and while still wet, coat with your favorite sprinkles.
8. Lay coated treats onto wax paper, and allow to dry completely. Follow this step with the remaining treats.
9. Once your treats have dried, you can tie up the pops with cellophane and ribbon. These party treats will be an instant hit!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.
Disclosure: MomsWhoSave posts may contain affiliate links that help to support this site. See full disclosure policy here.