Last updated on May 21st, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Disclosure: MomsWhoSave has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. See full disclosure policy here.
Every Earth Day, we hear about recycling and saving energy, but saving energy isn’t something we should only think about once a year. When we all save energy in our daily lives, the benefits for the planet and our pocketbooks really add up!
If you have and older refrigerator for example, you may be spending much more than you need to on electricity. Thanks to recent improvements in insulation and compressors, today’s refrigerators use much less energy than older models. With an ENERGY STAR certified refrigerator, you can maximize your energy and dollar savings without sacrificing the features you want.
An estimated 170 million refrigerators and refrigerator-freezers are currently in use in the United States. More than 60 million are over 10 years old, costing consumers $4.7 billion a year in energy costs. By recycling your old refrigerator and replacing it with a new ENERGY STAR certified refrigerator, you can save between $35–$300 on energy costs over its lifetime. Use the ENERGY STAR Savings Calculator to find out exactly how much money you’ll save by replacing your existing refrigerator.
Replacing old appliances is good for the environment too. If all refrigerators sold in the United States were ENERGY STAR certified, the energy cost savings would grow to more than $400 million each year and 8 billion pounds of annual greenhouse gas emissions would be prevented, equivalent to the emissions from 750,000 vehicles!
Check out some of these beautiful LG Studio Line appliances available at Best Buy:
· One look at the LG Studio Collection and it’s clear: Beauty is more than just skin deep. In any showcase kitchen, what’s on the outside matters just as much as what’s on the inside.
· Nate Berkus-inspired line with pro-style features like hefty metal knobs and flat doors — for a suite that’s both well-designed and hardworking, giving you a kitchen you’ll love for years to come.
· Refrigerators – Your guests can’t help but be drawn to the seamless design and impeccable styling of LG Studio refrigerators. The horizontally brushed stainless steel finish, flat-door design and all-metal tall ice and water dispenser enhance the design aesthetic of any kitchen.
· Cooking – LG Studio delivers cooking precision, performance and versatility, combined with a streamlined, built-in look you’ll love. Every detail has been meticulously crafted, from flat-design, tilted control panels and robust, metal knobs to sleek wave handles and SmoothTouch glass controls.
· Dishwashers – LG Studio dishwashers feature ultraquiet 42 dB performance and a sleek and stylish exterior. LG tackles your toughest baked-on foods with ease — thanks to TrueSteam technology, prewashing (or rewashing) dishes is virtually a thing of the past.
· Over-the-range microwaves – Sensor cooking technology senses humidity levels within the oven and automatically adjusts cooking time and performance to provide superior heating performance. LG’s Convection technology means your microwave really can serve as a second oven. Bake or roast your favorite foods in less time. Use TrueCookPlus to cook your food easily and perfectly every time.
Remember, Best Buy offers:
· 18 months major appliance financing or 10% rewards (increased from 5 to10% for April!) and 10% back in grocery purchases (NEW – testing during this campaign)
· Free delivery on purchases $399+
If you’re thinking about replacing any of your old, inefficient appliances, be sure you check out the LG Studio Line at Best Buy!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.
Disclosure: MomsWhoSave posts may contain affiliate links or sponsored content that helps to support this site. See full disclosure policy here.