Last updated on January 5th, 2022 at 01:06 am
Bringing your baby home is a huge family milestone. New parents are often concerned about keeping their newborn safe, all while snapping plenty of pictures. Such a joyous day is cause for celebration and “coming home outfits” have been a part of the occasion for generations. It is always exciting to pick out baby boy or baby girl clothes for your newborn. The following ideas are favorites among experienced parents. They’re also sure to look adorable on your child.
How to Choose the Perfect Coming Home Outfit for Baby
Consider Your Newborn’s Safety and Comfort
There are many reasons your newborn needs a soft, comfy outfit for their ride home. The right baby clothes will help them to stay content in the car. They may even encourage them to take a nap once they arrive at home. Newborns have delicate skin, which means they are more sensitive than adults to scratchy fabrics and materials. Young babies also need help regulating their body temperature. The right clothing will ensure that they don’t get too hot or cold during the drive.
The best clothing fabrics for babies are ultra-soft and help to wick moisture from their body. They are also convenient to wash just in case you need to change your little one when you get to the house. Cotton and organic cotton have all of these qualities and more. You can also find a variety of tops, bottoms, and one-piece outfits in cotton and cotton-blend options. Select an outfit that does not have any hanging strings or exposed zippers. These pieces can become caught in car seats. There are many garments that are made with convenient snaps and hidden zippers to keep the baby safe.
Finally, think about the season. Newborn babies will need more layers than an adult to stay warm in the late fall or winter. By choosing something that is plush or thermal, you can help to keep your baby comfortable without the material being too bulky for the car seat. Spring or summer infants will have more options, such as long-sleeve, footed ensembles for milder days. Short-sleeve tops and pants sets are an excellent choice for traveling in hot or humid weather.
Find a Cute, Fashionable Outfit
Now that you know what type of materials and features are best for your newborn’s comfort, you can look for something that is both adorable and stylish. After all, a fashionable outfit will make for unforgettable pictures! You can start by choosing your favorite colors, prints, or patterns. There are so many choices available to you. For parents who are looking for something classic and precious, a white take-me-home outfit is always an excellent choice. As a fun alternative, a brightly-colored suit will look vibrant and inviting in family pictures.
Pastel colors like mint, light blue, and yellow are appropriate for both genders. Neutrals like grey or taupe are wonderful choices for multiple babies and look gorgeous in photos. If you are interested in a fun print or pattern, there are plenty of options in baby boy outfits and baby girl clothes. Some of the most popular styles for boys include stripes, clouds, and animal prints. Infant girls are sweet in polka dots, hearts, and stars.
While these choices are beloved among all parents, you can add even more personality to your coming home outfit for the baby. Limited-edition patterns that feature cartoon characters, seasonal prints, and cute sayings are perfect for sharing in baby announcements and on social media. Adorable accents like sewn-in tutus and ruffles can turn a sweet outfit into an instant celebration. Look for something that captures your family’s personality and makes your baby feel good, which is a combination that is sure to please everyone.
The Best Coming Home Outfits for Baby
There are a few combinations in the traditional Take-Me-Home set that combine style, comfort and function. Choosing one of these options can make it easier to create a cute outfit before your baby arrives. They are:
- Gown and Cap Sets: Babies have been coming home in precious gowns and caps for many years. While they are a timeless tradition, they also make diaper changes easy. Since they don’t include pants, these outfits are best for transporting babies in warmer weather.
- Bodysuit Sets: Bodysuits are a great choice because they match with a variety of bottoms, like leggings and footies. They can also be layered for any type of weather. Easily fold a few different options into your birthing bag. With convenient snaps at the diaper area, diaper changes are simple, no matter where you are.
- Top and Bottom Sets: These sets are breathable and easy to put on your baby. Start by choosing a pair of footed bottoms, leggings, or pants. Next, pair it with an adorable top. This clothing combination allows you to quickly choose between short-sleeve and long-sleeve options. It’s also easy to mix-and-match combinations if you aren’t sure what you want your baby to wear.
- Footed Pajama Sets: A one-piece footed pajama set looks super cute on a newborn baby. They also come in a variety of adorable patterns, so you know your baby photos will be perfect. They’re an excellent choice for little ones who are born in cooler weather. They are also an ideal selection if you plan on putting the baby down for a nap once you arrive back home.
- Gift Sets: Some sets are bundled together. Multiple garments in complementary colors and patterns will make it easier to choose the right outfit when it’s time to go home. Some of the most common items in these sets include caps, short-sleeve bodysuits, and footed pants. You may also get a footed pajama set, a long-sleeve top, or a long-sleeve bodysuit.
One of the best parts about bodysuits and one-pieces for your baby is that they make it easy to dress the baby fashionably and comfortably. Since you will only need one or two garments for your child, it’s also more convenient to pack your bags for the birthing center or the hospital. Baby boy Onesies® Brand Bodysuits are a favorite among parents—and they’re cute and functional for infants of all ages.
Choosing the Best Baby Clothing for Your Newborn
Bodysuits are just one example of the many convenient and cute clothing options that are available to new parents. Affordable coming home sets also help to take the guesswork out of what you want the baby to wear. It is challenging and joyful to be the parent of a newborn! Choosing a coming home outfit for baby is a fun way to get started on your new journey.