Last updated on July 9th, 2019 at 04:47 pm
Do you want to attract hummingbirds to your yard? The best way to do that is with a feeder made especially for them.
And, what do you put in your feeder? This recipe is closest to the wildflower nectar that hummingbirds enjoy. It’s one part white, granulated sugar to four parts water. Here are the easy instructions.
- Make sure the feeder is clean before adding the new solution.
- Bring one cup of water to a boil.
- Stir 1/4 cup of white granulated sugar into the one cup of hot water.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- After the sugar water cools, fill your hummingbird feeder.
- The remaining nectar can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Now you just need a pretty hummingbird feeder. These are some of our favorites.