Last updated on April 17th, 2019 at 01:21 pm
Here’s a tasty and low carb recipe that’s easy to make. We’re swapping the wraps you’re used to for an egg wrap, and the result is delicious! I think once you try them, they’ll become a regular part of your meal planning.
You can use this egg wrap recipe for any meal of the day. Use your favorite breakfast fillings to start the day with something hearty or switch up your fillings with anything you like for an on-the-go lunch or dinner.
Note: You can make these even lower carb if you omit the cornstarch and water mixture, but the egg wrap will not hold together as well.
Low Carb Turkey Club Egg Wrap
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 slices deli turkey
- 2 slices bacon
- ½ avocado sliced
- A handful of fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional add-ins: thinly sliced tomato, sliced bell peppers, sliced onions
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Add the two eggs, and whisk again until combined.
- Heat a large skillet over low-to-medium heat. Add butter, and allow it to completely melt and coat the entire bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the egg mixture and lift the pan -- tilting to each side so the egg completely covers the bottom of the pan in a thin layer. Allow it to cook for just a couple of minutes. Sprinkle on desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Using a large wide spatula, gently lift the outer edges of the egg, and then flip it over to cook the remaining side for one to two minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add desired toppings, starting with shredded cheese.
- Gently roll up the egg wrap, and slice in half for easier eating.
To lower carb count, omit the cornstarch/water mixture. This may, however, result in easier tearing of the egg wrap.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.