Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FreeandCleanLiving #CollectiveBias
I know that spring has just about turned into summer, but I’m really in the spring cleaning mood lately. It can be easy to keep your home clean, fresh, and uncluttered if you keep things simple. Or, as simple as it can be with kids and pets! I believe that quick, simple cleaning tips can give us more time for what really matters, family, pets, and friends. Weekends are for fun, not chores!
To help get you started, I’ve put together 10 simple tips to cut back on clutter, dust, and perfumes while streamlining the cleaning routine. The first step is a Target run for some essentials.
- Start by reducing artificial perfumes right from the start. We just switched to New Purina® TIDY CATS® Free & Clean™ Unscented Clumping Litter that I picked up at Target. And, the activated charcoal with TidyLock® is seriously working! We’re a family of happy noses here.
- Keep your home clean and odor free with just a couple of all-purpose cleaners like vinegar and baking soda. They can be used across most surfaces in your home.
- Use TIDY CATS Free and Clean for easy scooping and a 99.9% dust-free litter box that’s so fresh you can almost smell it. But wait, even better, you can’t!
- Try to do small, 10-minute cleaning jobs every day so that things never pile up for you on that precious weekend!
- Group chores together to accomplish more. Feeding the cat? Cleaning the litter box only takes one extra minute. Wiping down countertops? Getting inside the microwave is just one minute more. Dusting the woodwork? Use TIDY CATS Free and Clean to cut down on dust from the start. Did I mention that it’s dye-free, too? No, unneeded extras here.
- We all know those melamine foam erasers are great for walls and doors. But while you’re at it, try them on sneakers, grout, soap scum, or in your car to quickly clean and shine without harsh chemicals or endless scrubbing.
- Clean lamp shades, window screens, and even textured ceilings with a lint roller in a snap.
- Make decluttering a habit. Put together a donation box from closets and kid’s rooms every other month (get kiddos involved here)!
- Throw out junk mail, flyers, and unneeded receipts before they land on the kitchen table.
- Keep a small whisk broom tucked behind the cat litter box for quick and easy cleanup.
- Then, just relax and take a deep breath. The job is done, and the house smells fresh.
And, with the chores taken care of, it’s the perfect time for a stroll through Target. Our store just got a mini makeover, and I love it even more than before! The pet supplies are right on the front wall, easy to find. And, of course, I have to make my way around the entire store after picking up my TIDY CATS Free and Clean (try it in Lightweight, too). Target offers online ordering for in-store pick and a subscription service for the ultimate in easy. But, I really enjoy my cherished, kid-free Target run as often as I can!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.
Disclosure: MomsWhoSave posts may contain affiliate links or sponsored content that helps to support this site. See full disclosure policy here.