These Elmo cookies are almost too cute to eat! They’re easy to make and are perfect for birthday parties or anytime you want a fun treat. The kids will love to help you make them. Enjoy!
Ingredients / Supplies:
- Line your counter top with a piece of wax paper. This is important. You don’t want your cookies to stick, and this will make clean up much easier too.
- Open your mini Oreo and eat the half with the frosting. OK, you don’t have to do that, but I do! Using a knife, cut the other half into two pieces. This will be Elmo’s smile. (See the photo above.)
- Melt your red candy melts according to package instructions. (Tip: I like to use a glass container with a lid. That way I can keep any extras in the container and remelt later when I need to.)
- Drop your Oreo cookie into the melted candy. Spoon some candy melt on top. Once coated, place on your wax paper.
- Add two candy eyes, a Tic Tac nose, and half of the mini Oreo for Elmo’s mouth.
- Finally, coat generously with red sprinkles.
- Allow the Oreos to harden and set for a few minutes. Shake off any excess sprinkles.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.
Disclosure: MomsWhoSave posts may contain affiliate links that help to support this site. See full disclosure policy here.