Last updated on December 12th, 2017 at 06:07 pm
When I was a kid, my favorite ice cream flavor was rocky road. If you have an ice cream maker, here’s a recipe for rocky road so you can make your own. I know you will love this nutty, chocolatey, marshmallowy treat!
¾ Cup sugar
½ Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
⅛ Tsp fine sea salt
1½ Cups heavy cream
1 Cup milk
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1 Tsp almond extract
½ Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ Cup sliced almonds
1 Cup miniature marshmallows
1. In a saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, salt, milk, and the cream.
2. Stir, and bring to boil over medium-high heat while stirring.
3. Lower the heat, and simmer for two minutes.
4. Remove it from heat, and add the chocolate chips, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir well until the chocolate is perfectly dissolved.
5. Let the mixture cool for at least six hours.
6. Pour the mixture into your ice cream machine, and mix it according to the instructions.
7. Once ready, add the marshmallows and almonds, and stir to combine.
8. Serve and enjoy.
You can put some marshmallows (instead of the cocoa powder) in the milk and the cream to do a marshmallowy flavor.