Last updated on September 19th, 2019 at 08:40 pm
Maybe dad doesn’t want another tie for Father’s Day, but I bet he’ll love these adorable Rice Krispies treats. They’re made to look like a shirt and tie!
Get the kids, and make these fun treats for dad and the rest of the family to enjoy on Father’s Day or anytime. The kids will love making the ties their favorite colors, and everyone will want to eat these sweet Father’s Day treats.
This recipe will yield six large Father’s Day Rice Krispies tie bars from a 9×9 pan.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
Two 10 oz. bags of marshmallows
10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 large white Airheads candies
6 large Airheads candies in various colors
1. Spray a 9×9 pan with non-stick coating spray, and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Add the marshmallows to the butter, stirring constantly until melted.
4. Remove from heat, and stir in the cereal and salt (optional) until well-coated.
5. Transfer the cereal mixture to prepared pan, and press down firmly.
6. Cool for 30 minutes, and cut into 6 large bars.
7. Take three of the white Airhead pieces, and cut in half lengthwise. These six pieces will be used for the six shirt collars.
8. Place each white Airhead strip at the top of each Rice Krispies bar lengthwise, bringing the ends downward to form a “V” to resemble a shirt collar. Right in the middle of each bar, up at the top, fold it in half so it looks like the back of a shirt collar.
9. To make the ties, take your colored Airheads and with a scissors, cut out the shape of a tie. You will only be able to get one tie out of each piece of candy. Do not discard the leftover pieces- you will need them for the tie knots.
10. Place each tie on top of each bar.
11. With the left over pieces, cut out small diamond shapes that match the color of each tie. Place the tie knots on top of the tie and gently press down.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.