Last updated on December 12th, 2017 at 06:29 pm
Our family loves the breadsticks at Olive Garden. If you do too, now you can make your own at home. These would be perfect with my easy 20-Minute Bow Tie Pasta Alfredo!
Italian Restaurant Copycat Breadsticks
Yields: approximately 16 breadsticks
4-5 cups of flour
1 ½ cups of warm water
2 Tablespoons of sugar
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon of yeast
1 Tablespoon of salt
3 Tablespoons of melted butter
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, pour in water, sugar, and yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Mix in salt, olive oil, and 2 cups of flour until thoroughly mixed.
4. Add in the rest of the flour while continuously mixing until dough comes off the side of the bowl clean.
6. Roll dough into one long tube (about ¾ inch in diameter).
7. Cut dough tube into 7-8 inch pieces.
8. Place dough sticks on sprayed (cooking oil spray) cookie sheets, and let sit for 15 minutes.
9. Brush dough sticks with ½ of the melted butter, and sprinkle with salt.
10. Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
11. Mix remaining butter and garlic powder and brush on top of breadsticks after removing from oven.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.