Here are some super cute little jack-o-lanterns that I love for a few reasons. First they are adorable! Next, your kids can help you make them. You can handle carving the little faces if necessary, but your children can fill them up with their favorite berries. Which brings me to the last reason I love these Halloween treats–they’re good for you! Wouldn’t a bunch of these little jack-o-lanterns be perfect for a Halloween party, or if you need to bring a treat to school?
Here’s your step-by-step guide to making your own Orange Fruit-Filled Jack-O-Lanterns!
Orange Fruit-Filled Jack-O-Lanterns
Servings: This makes three jack-o-lanterns, but adjust the recipe to make more if you’d like.
- 3 oranges (in this case I used grapefruit oranges)
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup strawberries (sliced)
1. Rinse all fruit, and dry.
2. Using a straight-edged knife on your grapefruit orange, turn knife inward at an angle while making a complete circle. This will release the top of your grapefruit orange. Remove and set the top aside.
3. Remove the inside of the orange by using a small spoon. Place the orange juice and pulp into a small bowl. You can drink the orange juice or save it for another use.
4. Once the orange is empty, use a small knife to cut out your jack-o-lantern face! Be creative. You can carve square eyes, triangle eyes, a smile, or big teeth! Have fun!
5. Slice the very top of three strawberries –the green “leaves.” Use this as a garnish on top of your orange jack-o-lantern! You can secure it with a toothpick, or a dab of honey.
6. Slice the strawberries into quarters and then in half again.
7. Evenly distribute the blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries into each jack-o-lantern. Use a toothpick or tiny spoon to serve. Your family, friends, and especially children will love these friendly Halloween jack-o-lantern treats!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.