Last updated on September 19th, 2019 at 11:41 pm
I think chocolate donuts might be my favorite kind of donut. Here’s a recipe for baked, not fried, chocolate homemade donuts, you are going to love too!
Baked Chocolate Donuts With Honey Vanilla Glaze
- 1 1/4 C all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 C pure cane sugar
- 1/3 C dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or use what you have on hand)
- 1/3 C fat free sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP melted organic coconut oil
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 4 TBSP unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP pure honey
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and spray your donut pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sour cream, vanilla extract, and oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix together.
- Spoon the donut mixture into a gallon-size food storage bag. Using a pair of scissors, snip the bottom corner on one side and pipe into your donut pan. I go around the donut pan two to three times to ensure a nice thick, round donut.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, mix the ingredients for the glaze together. In a medium bowl, add the honey, vanilla extract, and milk. Once those ingredients are mixed well, slowly add in your powdered sugar. You are looking for the glaze to drizzle off the whisk.
- Remove the donuts from oven when done, and let cool for five minutes.
- Place the donuts on a wire rack to cool completely, and pipe the remaining donut mixture into your donut pan.
- To glaze your donuts, place the top half of your donut into the glaze. Place bottom side down on the wire rack to let the glaze drip onto the donut. If you want your donuts extra sweet, dunk the entire donut into the glaze.
*Of course, you can use this glaze for any other donuts you make too.
Enjoy your delicious homemade chocolate donuts!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.
Disclosure: MomsWhoSave posts may contain affiliate links that help to support this site. See full disclosure policy here.