Last updated on June 15th, 2015 at 06:36 pm
Being able to barbeque and entertain outdoors is something many of us look forward to each summer. I love the warm weather just because I can use my backyard without a jacket and be comfortable! All of these activities can be much more pleasant with the Black Flag Flying Insect Trap & Lure to keep those pesky bugs away.
I was given one to review along with two different kinds of bait–one for flies and one for wasps and yellow jackets. We have a fruit tree, and the fallen fruit attracts wasps, so this was really helpful.
The design of the Black Flag Flying Insect Trap & Lure is great, because as you can see here, it looks like a lantern or decoration. It can hang anywhere in your yard–on a branch, plant hanger, or any kind of hook. It also comes with a stake to put it into the ground, if you’d prefer.
I also love that it’s non-toxic. Who wants to be spraying bug spray at an outdoor party where there’s food–not to mention inhaling something that you know can poison a bug?
The design and the fact that it’s non-toxic make this product perfect for our family!
Black Flag also provided me with some other eco-friendly tips for controlling and eliminating insects:
1. Keep gutters clear and direct water from downspouts away from your home.
2. Cut back bushes and tree branches around your house.
3. Clean up all pet and animal feces promptly.
4. Dispose of kitchen scraps and other organic waste properly.
5. If you have fruit trees in your yard, pick up any fruit that falls on the ground.
6. Place lids on trash and recycling bins and move them away from the house.
7. For creepy crawlers, fill mayonnaise sized jars with used coffee grinds and water. The scent will lure bugs in, and the water will drown them so they can’t get out.
8. Cucumbers skins have an ingredient that repels bugs including ants, wasps, mites, moths, flies and other insects. Shred the cucumber skins and place them planters and around the perimeter of the patio.
9. In and around the patio plant types flowers and herbs that have natural insect repellent in their scent. Some examples: marigolds, rosemary, basil, thyme, Thai lemon grass, catnip, etc.
10. Essential oils that have insect-repelling properties include eucalyptus, mint, peppermint, rosemary, lemongrass, clove, citronella and neem. In a spray bottle dilute these oils with rubbing alcohol or a carrier oil like jojoba oil, in a 1-to-10 part ratio.
If you’d like to win a Black Flag Flying Insect Trap & Lure for your backyard, you can enter the giveaway using the easy Rafflecopter entry form below. There is one required entry, and several additional ways you can enter to win.
The giveaway ends on July 16, and is open to US residents 18 years old and older. Good luck!
NOTE: Be sure that when you are asked to leave a comment, that you do leave a comment, or that entry will not count. (Comments are entered below the “subscribe” box at the bottom of this post.)
Don’t miss a freebie, deal, or giveaway! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.
Disclosure: MomsWhoSave posts may contain affiliate links or sponsored content that helps to support this site. See full disclosure policy here.