Last updated on February 9th, 2015 at 07:29 pm
I have a new review and giveaway for you today. All of you will love this one, but since lots of my readers are also fans of Sherri Shepherd and found my site through her mentions of MomsWhoSave on Twitter, you’ll want to be sure you enter this giveaway.
Sherri’s written a book for all of us women called Permission Slips: Every Woman’s Guide to Giving Herself a Break. For all of you who are too busy to sit down and relax, this one is for you! It’s not only a great book, it’s written in short sections, so you can read a little at a time when you get a moment to yourself here and there.
Be warned though, you may not be able to put this book down once you pick it up. I read Permission Slips in just over a 24-hour period, and here’s why I couldn’t put it down–
You will completely relate to Sherri! She’s had lots of the same ups and downs, guilt, made the same mistakes, had the same fears, same joys, and same struggles as all of us.
The way she tells her story makes you feel like you’re talking to an old girlfriend. You’ll find yourself laughing, feeling awful for some of what Sherri’s gone through, asking “What in the world was she thinking?” and finally thrilled that she is in a happy place today.
She’s had bad boyfriends, struggled with infertility, found out her husband was cheating, worried and prayed over her premature son, and adjusted to life as a single mother.
Through it all, you will recognize yourself. May-be you didn’t have exactly the the same experiences as Sherri, but there are very few of us who get far in life without some pain–or may-be a lot of pain.
I doubt she was laughing through a lot of these trials, but Sherri tells her stories in a way that always keeps you interested, engaged, and usually laughing. She is just such a survivor even under the worst of circumstances that she can’t help but be an inspiration.
Throughout the book, Sherri offers you lots of little “permission slips” to give yourself a break, lighten up, and know that you are good enough!
I admire Sherri very much for having not only survived all of the things she has, but to have come out so successfully, with a sense of humor, and without bitterness. That’s why I am especially happy to tell you that she has been generous enough to sign two copies of her book–one for me and one for a lucky MomsWhoSave reader!
Here’s how to enter to win your signed copy of Permission Slips.
1. Visit SherriShepherd.com. Then come back here to leave a comment below telling me something you learned about Sherri! Be sure to leave an email address with your entry, so I can reach you if you win!
For extra entries:
2. Follow @MomsWhoSave on Twitter, and retweet the following: ” @MomsWhoSave is giving away a signed copy of Permission Slips by @SherriEShepherd at https://su.pr/1YcAiC ” Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet. You may do this once daily.
3. Visit MomsWhoSave’s homepage here, and leave a comment below to let me know which deal is your favorite today. You may do this once daily, but you must choose a different deal each day.
4. Follow @SherriEShepherd on Twitter, and leave me a comment below to let me know that you are following her.
5. Add the MomsWhoSave button to your blog or website if you have one. You can find my button here. Let me know by leaving a comment below. Be sure to give me the link to your site, so I can check it out!
6. If you have a blog, write about this giveaway linking back to this post. Leave me a comment below with a link to your post.
7. There hasn’t yet been an announcement on whether “Sherri” (Sherri’s show on Lifetime) will be renewed. If you are a fan of the show, and want to see another season, check out this page of contacts for Lifetime, and let them know how you feel! Leave me a comment below to tell me how you contacted Lifetime, and I’ll give you another entry. Be sure to leave me your email address.
This giveaway will end on Friday, April 30th at 11 p.m. Eastern time and is open to U.S. residents only. One winner will be chosen from qualifying entries using random.org. Please be sure I have a way to reach you if your entry is chosen.