Disclosure: The following contains content brought to you by The Dannon Company, Inc. The opinions expressed are my own. for more information on Dannon’s move toward sustainable agriculture, naturality and transparency, visit www.dannonpledge.com.
Dannon has always been delicious, and just as importantly, they’ve made this pledge in response to their customer’s requests:
- Naturality – Fewer, more natural and Non-GMO Ingredients
- Dannon is reformulating all products under the Dannon brand by the end of 2017 to be made only with Non-GMO ingredients.*
- Pledged to start feeding their dairy cows Non-GMO feed by the end of 2017.
- Working with dairy farmers and feed suppliers to plant Non-GMO grains in their fields, harvest them, and then feed the cows the following year.
- Dannon will now become the ONLY conventional dairy company in the US feeding Non-GMO feed to the cows.
- Sustainable Agriculture – Work with Farmers we Know
- To gain greater transparency about our main ingredient, we now source all the milk we use directly from farms we know. Dannon is the 1st leading yogurt maker to embrace this practice. Consequently, this allows Dannon to provide greater visibility to consumers about the agricultural practices employed on dairy farms.
- Transparency – Label presence — whether product contains GMOs or Non-GMO ingredients.
These are important values to Dannon, their customers, and they are important to me. I always read labels, look for fewer ingredients, and try not to buy products with a long list of unpronounceable or genetically modified ingredients.
Dannon yogurt is such a great way to start the day, pack in a lunch, or grab for a snack. I love that it’s made with all-natural ingredients, including whole milk. It’s a great way to get your vitamin D too, which is important to me. At about 55¢, Dannon whole milk yogurt is an affordable indulgence. With 11 flavors to choose from, there’s something for everyone: Strawberry, Blueberry, Strawberry Banana, Vanilla, Mixed Berry, Raspberry, Cherry, Orange Cream, Key Lime, Strawberry Kiwi. This morning, I enjoyed the Strawberry flavor with my fruit mixed in.
Besides being a healthy food in general, Dannon yogurt contains active yogurt cultures. Eating yogurt daily is associated with a healthier lifestyle. That’s because the good cultures (or bacteria) in yogurt help balance your gut bacteria, which help to create a healthy digestive system.
I’m excited about what Dannon‘s doing and the standards they’ve set, and I hope you are too. Of course, we only want the best for our families, and what Dannon’s doing absolutely makes a difference. And, finally, if you are an animal lover, like I am, you will be glad to know that more than 90% of their milk is coming from farming operations under the Validus Certified system. What does that mean? The Validus Animal Welfare Review Certification is awarded to farms that follow stringent animal welfare guidelines. Farms that receive animal welfare certification undergo a detailed assessment and audit of their on-farm animal welfare practices. Certification is awarded to farms demonstrating compliance with the animal welfare criteria and standards established for their operation.
There is so much to love about about Dannon yogurt. They listened to what consumers said they wanted, and now we have another delicious and healthy food we can feel good about feeding our families!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.
Disclosure: MomsWhoSave posts may contain affiliate links that help to support this site. See full disclosure policy here.