Here’s a delicious strawberry bread recipe that’s just perfect for breakfast or anytime. Once you try it, this may become one of your family’s favorites.
This yummy bread goes perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea. You can substitute another berry if strawberries aren’t your favorite. Enjoy!
Yields: 2 loaves (9″ x 5″ pan)
Prep: 30 minutes | Bake: 50 minutes | Total: 1 hour 20 minutes
2 cups fresh strawberries
3 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ¼ cups vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1 ¼ cups chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9 “x 5” loaf pans.
2. Slice strawberries and place in medium-sized bowl. Coat strawberries with sugar, and set aside while preparing batter.
3. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl; mix well.
4. Blend oil and eggs into strawberries.
5. Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture, blending until dry ingredients are just moistened. Stir in pecans. Divide batter into pans.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each loaf comes out clean.
Notes: This is a great basic breakfast bread recipe that can be changed by substituting the strawberries for two cups of berries or your favorite fruit (chopped). Since this recipe makes two loaves, one can be frozen to enjoy at a later date.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.