Here is another fun recipe that not only tastes great, but looks great! These will be fun to serve at a party or bring to any kind of gathering of your family and friends.
Yields: 15 tulips, Ready in 30 minutes
15 Large Cherry Tomatoes
16 stalks of chives
8 oz. cream cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil
Salt and pepper
1. With stem side down, cut a cross in the top of each cherry tomato (about ¾ down the tomato).
2. Using a spoon (grapefruit spoon works very well) gently scrape out the tomato seeds.
3. Take a grilling skewer or toothpick and make a hole where the stem currently is. You may need to twist the skewer in a circle a few times to make room for the chive to fit through.
4. Finely chop or grate cucumber.
5. Mix cream cheese, cucumber and basil in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add a teaspoon of cream cheese mixture into each tomato tulip (adjust depending on size of tomatoes).
7. Insert a chive into the hole at the bottom of each tomato.
8. Use a damp paper towel to clean any excess cream cheese filling from outside of tomatoes.
9. Prepare the tulip bouquet on a large plate or platter. Use the extra chive stalk to wrap around the tulip stems to complete the bouquet. Now you have your fancy tulip tomatoes, and they are MUCH simpler than they look!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.