Here’s a recipe for the most adorable bunny cake bites. These are so cute, you might not want to eat them!
Yields: 40 cake balls
- 2 12 oz. packages of white chocolate chips
- 1 box white cake mix (plus required ingredients)
- ½ cup vanilla or cream cheese frosting
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 40 mini marshmallows
- Pink sugar sprinkles
- Pink heart shaped sprinkles
- ½ cup chocolate chips
1. Prepare and bake cake as directed on box. Let cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly (it may be easier to use fingers to mix together)
3. Roll mixture into 1” balls. Chill in the refrigerator for approximately 1 hour (or freezer for 30 minutes).
4. Cut the edge of a large marshmallow diagonally in the shape of ears. Place the sticky side of the marshmallow into a bowl of pink sugar sprinkles.
5. Roll mini marshmallows in hands to create a ball that will be the bunny tail.
6. Once cake balls are cooled, melt white chocolate according to package directions.
7. Using a fork, dip and completely coat cake ball. Let the excess drip off and place on a wax lined baking sheet.
8. Quickly, before white chocolate dries, place two marshmallow pieces (ears) on top of the cake ball, and hold in place until the coating sets. Then stick one heart-shaped sprinkle on the front of the cake ball for the nose, and a mini marshmallow tail on his behind.
9. Repeat until all cake pops are used.
10. Melt chocolate chips in microwave. Place melted chocolate in a bag with a very small round frosting tip.
11. Draw two dots for eyes.